Stag Do Games
The Best Stag Games Available
Every stag do needs some competition and banter between the guys. Stag do games are the answer! They can be used as an icebreaker if the guys don’t all know each other. Or maybe you just want to make the night more fun with drinking games, dares and forfeits.
Below is the ultimate collection of the best funny, rude and classy games to suit all ages and situations.
What are Stag Do Games?
Some fun games played on a stag do that normally involve forfeits or dares. The purpose of the stag games is to keep the momentum going throughout the stag weekend. Played normally between daytime activities or on the evening when in bars.
Our Top 10 Stag Do Games
This game involves conveniently placed thumbs and keeping your eyes peeled. One of the lads will be nominated the ‘thumbmaster’ and whenever he puts his thumb on the edge of the table you have to do the same. The last to do so has to down their drink and becomes the new ‘thumbmaster’
2. Higher or Lower
Guess if the person next to you has a card that’s higher or lower than yours. If you guess correctly the person next to you has to drink. And if you guess incorrectly you have to drink. And finally if both of your cards have the same value then both of you have to drink your drinks!
3. Pub Golf
Get kitted up in your finest golfing gear and decide on if you’re doing a 9 or 18 watering hole pub crawls. Once you’ve got that give each pub a par of 3,4 or 5 (gulps) and that’s how many gulps it should take to down your drink. Mark your scores at each pub.
4. Ring of Fire
A game that involves playing cards and alcohol. Set up a circle with the cards face down and an empty glass in the middle. Everyone needs a good amount of alcohol as each person picks up a card. Each card has a different meaning that can result in some sort of drinking.
5. Dead Ants
Get the group together and decide on a dictator. When the dictator says ‘DEAD ANT’ all the group will need to fall on the floor, stick their arms and legs up in the air and scramble like ants. The rule is that everyone has to do it no matter where you are. Trust us when we say you’ll be in hysterics.
6. Don't Say a Word
Put together a list of words that are banned for the duration of the event. Whoever says these words has to do a punishment. These words could be the bride’s name, pint, loo, beer, shot. You get the idea. Try and trick some of the lads to end up saying some of these words too!
7. Shark Attack
As you’re enjoying your stag night out you will have one nominated shark spotter. As soon as you hear the two words…SHARK ATTACK! You have to be quick as you try and scramble up onto anything above the ground. It could be the bar, a table, anything!
A simple way to get everyone to down their drinks. Wherever you are and whenever you have a drink in your hands on the stag do. Make sure everyone understands the game and as soon as someone says ‘whoosh!’ as loud as they can everyone else has to and then down your drink.
9. "Never Have I Never"
A great way to get everyone merry and to find out things you didn’t know about one another. Say a statement that you haven’t done before and whoever in the group has done it has to drink. If the groom has done it then he has to open up with more detail about the statement.
10. Opposite Hand
A game that can be used all night long. Whenever your group fancy a drink of their beer they will have to use their opposite hand. You can call anyone out who doesn’t do this and they will be given a reprimand. But if you call out incorrectly then you must do the punishment.
Printable Stag Games
We have made your job as the best man even easier! You can save this page, take a screen shot or print these stag do games. You'll then have access to them to on the weekend.
Our Top 10 Stag Party Drinking Games
Its now time to separate the men from the boys. Don’t bother with drinking games from your student days, try these extreme stag do drinking games. We apologies now for the hangover!
1. Thumbmaster – If the thumbmaster puts his thumb down then everyone must do it. The last person to put their thumb down on a flat surface has to down their whole drink.
2. Drunk Jenga - Get your Jenga pieces and write how much to drink on each one. When you pull out a block then you must do what it says.
3. Ring of Fire – Involves cards and alcohol, read more about ring of fire here.
4. Dirty Pint - All the lads pour some of their drink into a pint pot. Each person then flips a coin and guesses whether it will be heads or tails. If they guess right, they’re safe. Guess incorrectly and it’s time to drink whatever is in the pint glass.
5. Mr President - The best man is head of homeland security. If he raises a finger to his ear pretending to listen to an earpiece at any point, everyone else in the group must shout ‘Get down Mr President’ and jump on the stag to save him from hit men. You can never be too careful these days. Great fun in bars.
6. God Save the Queen – You just need a penny. Can you get the penny in one of the lads drinks (he must be holding it). He must
7. Synchronise Watches – Between 01-29 minutes past the hour you have to drink with your left hand. Between 31-59 minutes past the hour drink with your right hand. When the clocks strikes the 00 or 30 no one drinks or holds their pints, because nobody knows what hand it should be. If your caught using the hand then you have to drink what’s left in your pint.
8. Bore Off - This drinking stag game is sure to get you some strange looks. Just approach a group of unsuspecting ladies and start chatting to them. However, the aim is to as boring as possible for at least 5 mins without being told to leave them alone. If you last the duration you’re a winner. Fail and its time to down the rest of our drink or face a stag forfeit.
9. Beer Pong – Fun drinking game where players take turn to throw the ping pong back in the other teams cup of lager. If it lands in a cup then the opposite player has to drink it.
10. Fuzzy Duck – Unique game that involves saying a few simple words “fuzzy duck” “does he” “ducky fuzz” See the description here on Wiki
Funny Stag Rules to Try
Firstly, let’s remember that the stag bro code is a sacred contract between all the lads attending the stag do. As such, there are rules that all the stags must follow. All you have to do is follow the rules. Break or don’t obey them and you’re in a world of hurt. You might have to complete a outrageous stag challenge or a series of funny forfeits.
Below are some rules that you could decide to add to your stag trip.
Stag Do Rules List
1. Man Up
Your with the lads now, so no messing when it coming to doing your part. Whether that to “chug it” or “get the round in” – don’t argue, just get it done. No one likes a whinger, so get in the fun spirit.
2. Don’t Phone Home
You’re on a stag event! Focus the time with the groom to be. We’re sure you’re allowed to have 1 or 2 nights without speaking to the missus, so save it for when you are alone in the hotel room.
3. Wounded Warrior
Someone won’t be able to handle it. Whether that’s from general tiredness or doesn’t realise the weekend is marathon not a sprint. If this happens, just get him back to the hotel room safely and then head back out to meet the lads.
4. First rule of Fight Club – There is no Fight Club!
Don’t bring any aggressive behaviour with you. A group of lads together can be great, but it takes one plonker to ruin it for everyone. Don’t fall out, its only for 2 days.
5. No Photos
With fake news and social media everywhere, just don’t take any photo’s or videos of comprising situations. Nobody wants a picture of themselves being sick or chatting to two strippers on their Facebook page.
6. Keep one eye on the Stag
Remember is all about the stag, don’t let him get carried away and then miss half the night. Make sure he is drinking water and eating plenty. Without him there is no show.
7. This is a Dictatorship
There is one leader and that is the best man. So, if his word is 3 shots in a row for everyone, just do what the man says.
8. Finally, the Golden Rule of All Stag Do’s
This has been passed from man to man for many decades now. “What happens on a stag weekend, stays on a stag weekend”. This trip is just for the boys and no one else.
Dares vs Traditional Stag Games
A long-debated topic of celebrating a last night of freedom is ‘how far is too far?’ Depending on your groom to be, you might want to add a few dares into the mix to liven things up! See our top 20 stag do dares for inspiration. But what are the pros and cons of each, read more...
This umbrella can cover anything from a bit naughty to full-on adrenaline-pumping acts that will really test the guys.
Stereotypically, they focus on the stag in hand. However, groups have been known to throw a bunch of stag party dares into a hat and draw them out one at a time.
From buying the biggest guy in the room a blowjob shot to challenging the stag to strip and streak, you can get pretty crazy ones!
For decades, a last night of freedom has been littered with funny games that get the lads on the floor laughing. They are a great icebreaker for a group that don't know each other that well.
Throw in classic drinking games or opt for non drinking games – the choice is yours!