FAQ's for Hen Parties
Can We Help You?
Browse the topics below to find the help you need:
Who are Funktion Events?
- We are a UK tour operator specialising in travel and events for groups across the UK & Europe. Over 400,000 people have enjoyed an experience with us since 2007.
Where are Funktion Events Based?
- 10 St John Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 1DA
What does ABTA mean?
- It stands for Association of British Travel Agents. For over 70 years it has provided advice and guidance to the public and the travel industry. They are travel industry regulators and their members must comply with their strict customer care and financial insurance practices. Funktion Events are an ABTA member (Y6501) and work with them to ensure we meet their code of conduct.
Why should I use Funktion Events?
- 99% of our customers say we are great or better on Trustpilot. See our reviews here!
- Our aim is to make life easier for the lead organiser by offering a one stop shop for experiences, nightlife, and accommodation. Plus, our online VIP area is simple to invite guests and make online payments.
Do you organise Flights?
- We don’t arrange flights as its easier and cheaper to book them direct. We suggest using Skyscanner who compare the market.
Do I need an exact group size to book?
- We only need to know an estimated group size when booking. Then just keep us updated if the group size changes. We'll need the final group size at least 6 weeks before the event.
How much is the deposit?
- We just require a £40 deposit. Unlike other companies we do not require individual deposits just £40 for the entire group. The full balance is due 6 weeks before the event. The deposit is non-refundable. Some activities like a private catamaran require more but this will be outlined by your event manager.
Can I pay the deposit online?
- Yes, we can accept the deposit online 24/7. Just let your event manager know and they'll set it up for you. We can accept the deposit over the phone, bank transfer or online.
Not everyone can attend the whole weekend package, what are the options?
- We understand that some people might only be able to attend 1 night or just the daytime activities. As long as the minimum group size is met for the activities, its fine to have different people doing different things.
Are there any hidden costs I need to know about?
- There are no hidden costs. If your group size drops under the minimum amount of people, then the cost per person could rise. If you think this will happen its best to contact your event manager as early as possible.
Do I need travel insurance?
- As a member with ABTA we always recommend that each guest attending any activities or packages take out an adequate level of travel insurance. See our Before you Travel Guide for more essential information.
What happens after I have paid the deposit?
- Normally faster, but within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation email and your login details to the My Events VIP area.
What is the My Events VIP area?
- It takes the hassle out of confirming people’s attendance and collecting money. From here you can send out invitations to your guests, who can confirm their attendance to the event and pay/part pay. The event itinerary is updated with your event details, venue locations, start times etc. See the features here.
Can I change my group size?
- If you need to change your group size contact your event manager. If the group is increasing, we need to check availability. If you group size is decreasing, we need to make sure you meet the minimum group size.
When do I need to pay the final balance?
- If you book just activities, then we need the full balance 5 weeks prior to the event start date. For packages (accommodation & activities) the balance is due 6 weeks before the event start date.
What happens if I need to cancel?
- We understand plans change and your event manager will try and help with the situation. Please read through our cancellation policy (clause 8) in our terms and conditions.
Can my guests pay online?
- Yes, once they have confirmed their attendance, they can choose to pay online 24/7 using the My Events area.
Can I make part payments?
- Yes, guests can choose to pay as much as they want when they want. They just need to pay the full balance 6 weeks prior to the event.
Can we pay over the phone?
- We can certainly take payment over the phone via debit or credit card. Once payment has been taken, we will add it to the My Events area and send a receipt.
Can guests pay for other guests?
- Yes, you can choose to pay for other people online in the My Events area.
Can we change the destination once the deposit is paid?
- If you need to make a major change then speak your event manager who will offer assistance and guidance on the best thing to do.
How do I find out the details of my event?
- Just login into your My Events area. If we make any amendments, for example adding a venue address, you will receive a notification.
While on Your Event
Is there an out of hours emergency number for when I am on the activity/weekend?
- Please call our office number 0161 341 0052. If there is no answer, please listen to the voicemail which will have an out of office number to call.
- If in Europe then check your itinerary in the My Events area as we put several local contact numbers there.
Can I make last minute changes?
- We can’t guarantee that we can help but we will always try. Just give your event manager a call to discuss.
Could a new guest come along on the day?
- Unfortunately no. Funktion Events cannot accept any legal responsibility for guests just turning up on the day. All our suppliers need to know in advance the group size so they can ensure the event runs smoothly and safely.
What happens if the weather is bad?
- Most of the activities are fine to be run in the rain or bad weather. If the event co-ordinator or venue say its safe to do so, then the event continues. If they deem it unsafe then they will try and offer alternatives for your group. The best thing to do is bring a coat and brolly!
What will happen if I am late for an activity?
- We have 100’s of events booked in every week. If you are late starting, we cannot guarantee you extra time at the end of the session to make up for it. Our instructors/event co-ordinators will still try to help make it enjoyable. Before the event check your My Event area for venue address and start time.