Come Join Us
With our HQ in Chester, Funktion Events have a hand in creating unfortgetable trips for groups all over the UK and Europe too. Part of the Funktion Leisure group, we're an innovative and exciting brand that are constantly taking the market by storm!
Over the past 12 years the Funktion teams' growth has been phenomenal, but we still need more people on board every year to make sure we continue to flourish. In every new person we hire, we want to ensure they're right for the fun environment and able to work on new activities and projects.
Qualities You'll Bring;
Enthusiasm to learn, fresh ideas and outlooks, a positive attitude in the workplace and a desire to be a strong part of our growing team.
What Will We Do?
We pride ourselves on providing a supportive, motivating and energetic working environment that people can thrive in - both personally and professionally. This comes with a competitive salary in the industry, and a chance to learn new skills on the job.
Event Organiser Apprenticeship
Vacancy Job Description
- Main part of this role is taking a new customer booking and managing all correspondence with the customer and suppliers (there is no cold calling)
- The candidate must be confident communicating over the phone and emails
- Dealing with all new potential customers in a polite and timely manner
- At all times be personable, accurate and prompt in all communication with our customers & suppliers
- Having exceptional customer service skills where nothing is too much trouble and follow this through in an organised and methodical manner to ensure work is complete without error and to deadlines
- On new customer’s bookings you will check off and secure in writing with all the suppliers. These can include hotels, a daytime event and an evening event
- You will communicate over the phone and via email with your customers to ensure any last minute details are confirmed such as group size, restaurant & club choices nearer to their party date and then settle their balance
- You will populate their party / event itineraries via our internal system
- You will request and co-originate invoices from your suppliers
- You will gain customer feedback, send feedback to our marketing team and deal with any customer and supplier issues if we receive them
- You will be working in our internal system. Therefore data entry, accuracy, attention to detail & confident use of IT systems is a high priority
- Responding to all customer emails promptly
- Give our customers exceptional service throughout their time with us, so we continue to be best in class
- Giving them a smooth and stress free party weekend so they don’t have to worry about a thing
- Overview of our product range, so you are aware of what your customers are booking
- Attend quarterly office events to experience our supplier’s products 1st hand so you fully understand what is being sold. These are all expense paid
- As our business is seasonal, some months are busier than others. Your line manager will therefore introduce other projects for you to work on in line with your skillset at times
- Our offices are open 6 days a week
- This role will work 5 days a week, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week between Monday to Saturday
- These days will consist of 8 hours between 9am-7:30pm, However initial training will be set as 9am-5:30pm
Please apply via the Gov UK Apprenticeship Website here
Strictly No Agencies - It's not you, it's us! We have a direct hiring policy and are unable to consider any approach for business.