The Best TED Talks of All Time
Founded in 1984, TED Talks have informed, inspired and brought about debate about a range of topics, featuring speakers ranging from industry professionals to world leaders
Since its creation, TED Talks have expanded into many topics relating to work and life such as science, politics, humanitarianism and many more. With over 3,500 freely-available videos to dig into, we’re going to list some of the best TED Talks out there.
Brief History of TED Talks
Created by Harry Marks and Richard Wurman, the first TED Conference that took place featured the first demo of the compact disc, as well as one of the first demos of the Apple Macintosh. However, due to the financial cost of the first conference, the second wouldn’t be arranged until 1990, six years after the first event. From then on during the rest of the 90s, the TED community began to expand and grow, holding regular conferences and featuring speakers from a variety of disciplines like music, philosophy and religion.
In the early 2000s, TED talks were made available for free online for all to view. Up to this point, tickets to get into TED events costed thousands of dollars and were issued on an invite-only basis. However, due to their explosive popularity from posting free videos online, TED talks are now watched by millions on YouTube every single day. As there are so many out there to look at, especially when it comes to business development, we’re going to list some of the best below.
Top 10 TED Talks for Business
If you're a business owner, middle manager or T.L. and you're looking for some inspirational content, then look no further! We've curated this list of the best business-orientated TED Talks for you to listen to, watch and gain some valuable insight from.
1. The Single Biggest Reason why Start-Ups Succeed | Bill Gross
2. The Power of an Entrepreneurial Mindset | Bill Roche
3. Stop Managing, Start Leading | Hamza Khan
4. How to Start Your own Business without Investors | Nicholas Hänny
5. Programming Your Mind for Success | Carrie Green
6. Love Your Competitors - How Great Businesses do Strategy | Alex Smith
7. How Great Leaders Inspire Action | Simon Sinek
8. How to Create a Great Brand Name | Jonathan Bell
9. How to Deal with Difficult People | Jay Johnson
10. How business ideas are born | Aya Jaff