Smartphone Urban Treasure Hunt for Teams in Newcastle
What is the Newcastle Smartphone Urban Treasure Hunt?
The smartphone urban treasure hunt in Newcastle is an experience that uses a GPS tracked app. Your staff will split up and go head to head in groups to earn points and become the winners. During this experience you will have to complete tasks and earn points as you make your way around Newcastle. As well as earning points through tasks and challenges there will also be bonus points up for grabs through collecting virtual scavenger items. It’s a great experience that will inject some friendly competition into your away day.
Add a facilitator for an additional cost who will provide a remote briefing via video link plus support throughout the activity. Our event staff will presentation / wrap up the activity showcasing the best photos and videos taken by the participants throughout the event again via remote video link.
- Using interactive app technology
- Work in groups to unlock GPS hotspots on the app
- Complete, self-run event
- Everyone uses their own smartphone
- Create selfies and squad names
- Unlock clues, puzzles, and tasks
- Photo and video challenges
- Live scoreboard, tracker map, image recognition and GPS activation
- Everyone uses their own smartphone to download the app to participate
- Groups sizes from 6 to 250 people
- Add on - Customise up to 8 multiple choice questions. These can be about your brand, business, people, anything really. Personalise it - ask for price
- Add a facilitator to give a remote briefing and final wrap-up session via video link for an additional cost – enquire for details
See our FAQ's on the Smartphone Urban Treasure Hunt for teams.
I don’t think any of our groups completed all of the spots on the map, though. We set a time of just under two hours and still more than expected to complete. I wouldn’t say we had any slow members on our team especially. Apart from not completing it fully, it was great fun.