Smartphone City Treasure Hunt Team Building in Newcastle
The smartphone city treasure hunt team building in Newcastle is the perfect event to stray away from classic traditions. Inject some life, motivation and communication into your co-workers with this innovative and unique activity, which gives your employees the opportunity to explore the best of Newcastle in an interactive way. Simply download our fully-loaded app and complete an array of questions, queries and challenges that centre around Newcastle’s history and culture. This experience is designed so that everyone can get involved, and is a great ice breaker option for a brand new group!
- Start any time – you decide on the day
- Smartphone app technology
- Work in teams to find your way round your chosen city
- Name your team & take selfies
- Unlock clues, puzzles and challenges.
- Live scoreboard, team tracker map, image recognition and GPS activation
- City trivia is completed throughout the city including famous landmarks, local celebrities and some weird and wonderful trivia.
- One of our most popular team building activities
- Out of Office Technical help line
- Upgrade – personalise the treasure hunt by adding some of your own bespoke questions – ask for details and prices
The App is designed for Android phones and tablets, the iPhone and the iPad. It will not work on Windows phones or Blackberry.
There are also minimum versions of the operating system that are required for the App so if you can't see it in the store it probably means your phone isn't compatible.
The minimum device system requirements are as follows…
- iOS Version 10.0 and above,
- Android Version 4.4 and above,
- Whatever phone or tablet you use, it will also need a data plan, a compass and have GPS activated.
- A fully charged smartphone will be required per team.
- Whilst the App will normally work on other unrecommended Android & iOS devices, there may be times where users experience issues with certain areas such as poor battery life, GPS signal or small issues in the game. In particular, you may have issues if running the App on an old phone.
I don’t think any of our groups completed all of the spots on the map, though. We set a time of just under two hours and still more than expected to complete. I wouldn’t say we had any slow members on our team especially. Apart from not completing it fully, it was great fun.