Smartphone Pub Treasure Hunt Team Building
What is the Smartphone Pub Explorer Event?
Get the team out and about with the unique smartphone pub treasure hunt team building experience. No matter what city you want your team away day to be in, add this out-of-the-box treasure hunt to your team agenda and explore what the city has to offer in a totally different way. Completely self-run, you can choose how you spend your time with this activity, whether you want to kick things off in the morning and spend a lot of time socialising in the pubs or you’d rather stay outside and enjoy all the places around your city of choice.
- Start any time – you decide on the day
- Latest app technology
- Head to various GPS locations with nearby bars
- You choose the pub/bar within the area
- Work in teams to answer pub trivia questions
- Name your team & take selfies
- Unlock clues, puzzles and challenges
- Live scoreboard makes it competitive and fun
- Pub Trivia includes Sport, History, Geography, Science & Nature, Entertainment & General Knowledge
- Out of Office Technical help line
- Upgrade – personalise the treasure hunt by adding some of your own bespoke questions – ask for details and prices
How Does the Smartphone Pub Explorer Work?
The whole smartphone pub treasure hunt team building event is centred around one simple app with everything you need on it. All you need to do is activate the app and get to work! Split your team into smaller groups, name your new teams and take a group selfie before you begin to follow the app and explore the city. Along the way, choose between a few different pubs or bars per area and answer a variety of trivia, complete challenges and tackle questions about all sorts of subjects. To make the team away day a little competitive, they’ll be live scoreboards to keep your eye on, and a chat room so you can keep tabs on how the other teams are getting on.
What group sizes is the Smartphone Pub Treasure Hunt ideal for?
The smartphone pub treasure hunt us a truly flexible activity, meaning it’s ideal for nearly all group sizes. We’ve hosted these events for groups as small as 6 and companies as large as 250 participants.
Will my workforce separate during the Pub Treasure Hunt?
It’s up to how you split off, but we recommended having groups of between 4-6 people, with each group following a separate path through your location. The hotspots on the app map will appear in any order you walk once you’re in range to activate it.
The App is designed for Android phones and tablets, the iPhone and the iPad. It will not work on Windows phones or Blackberry.
There are also minimum versions of the operating system that are required for the App so if you can't see it in the store it probably means your phone isn't compatible.
The minimum device system requirements are as follows…
- iOS Version 10.0 and above,
- Android Version 4.4 and above,
- Whatever phone or tablet you use, it will also need a data plan, a compass and have GPS activated.
- A fully charged smartphone will be required per team.
Whilst the App will normally work on other unrecommended Android & iOS devices, there may be times where users experience issues with certain areas such as poor battery life, GPS signal or small issues in the game. In particular, you may have issues if running the App on an old phone.
Thanks very much