Smartphone City Treasure Hunt Team Building
What is the Smartphone City Treasure Hunt Team Building Experience?
The hugely popular smartphone city treasure hunt team building event offers a fully interactive, self-run experience that gets the team out and about. On the day, simply split into teams and activate the easy to use app on your phone. On the app, give your team a name and set off to unlock different hotspots. Answer questions, trivia and complete challenges in relation to local, national and international knowledge around your chosen location. The aim is simple, the team with the most points at the end of the session wins!
- Start any time – you decide on the day
- Smartphone app technology
- Work in teams to find your way round your chosen city
- Name your team & take selfies
- Unlock clues, puzzles and challenges.
- Live scoreboard, team tracker map, image recognition and GPS activation
- City trivia is completed throughout the city including famous landmarks, local celebrities and some weird and wonderful trivia.
- One of our most popular team building activities
- Out of Office Technical help line
- Upgrade – personalise the treasure hunt by adding some of your own bespoke questions – ask for details and prices
Is This a Team Building Scavenger Hunt?
Think of this team bonding event as an electronic, GPS version of the classic scavenger hunt. You’ll still have to work together to find the hotspot locations and unlock the questions. Each question or challenge completed will lead you on to the next hotspot and so on. There’s a huge variety of hotspots, so just like a scavenger hunt you need to find as many as possible before the times up.
The App is designed for Android phones and tablets, the iPhone and the iPad. It will not work on Windows phones or Blackberry.
There are also minimum versions of the operating system that are required for the App so if you can't see it in the store it probably means your phone isn't compatible.
The minimum device system requirements are as follows…
- iOS Version 10.0 and above,
- Android Version 4.4 and above,
- Whatever phone or tablet you use, it will also need a data plan, a compass and have GPS activated.
- A fully charged smartphone will be required per team.
- Whilst the App will normally work on other unrecommended Android & iOS devices, there may be times where users experience issues with certain areas such as poor battery life, GPS signal or small issues in the game. In particular, you may have issues if running the App on an old phone.
Our employees really enjoyed the day and I will be in touch shortly to book our next quarterly high achievers day with yourselves.
Thanks for all of your help with this.
We did not have problems with the app, excepting that small prob which has been solved quickly.
Special thanks to Alex on remote support who was a great help throughout the event.
I don’t think any of our groups completed all of the spots on the map, though. We set a time of just under two hours and still more than expected to complete. I wouldn’t say we had any slow members on our team especially. Apart from not completing it fully, it was great fun.
Many thanks for all your help in organising it.