Smartphone Treasure Hunt Christmas Parties
What to Expect from a Smartphone Christmas Treasure Hunt Party?
Get into the festive spirit with our Smartphone Christmas Treasure Hunt event, a fun and fully interactive experience that gets everyone out the office for a bit of Christmassy competition! Using a bespoke game app on your smartphones, all of you will split up into groups of 4-6 people to compete against each other (and the clock), tackling a host of hilarious photo and video challenges around your local area. With points awarded for every successful attempt, you'll also get to hop around some of the best pubs and bars in the area with plenty of pub trivia thrown in the mix too. After the countdown clock has finally run down, the group with the highest score will be crowned the overall winners of the day!
- Start any time – you decide on the day
- Latest app technology
- Head to various GPS locations with nearby bars
- You choose the pub/bar within the area
- Work in teams to answer pub trivia questions
- Name your team & take selfies
- Unlock clues, puzzles and challenges
- Live scoreboard makes it competitive and fun
- Pub Trivia includes Sport, History, Geography, Science & Nature, Entertainment & General Knowledge
- Out of Office Technical help line
Watch the Smartphone Christmas Treasure Hunt Video
On the day, everyone taking part will get to download the bespoke game app on their phones before the activity begins. Then, after a short briefing from your remote host explaining how the day will run, everyone will split up into smaller groups of 4-6 people, elect their captains and choose their team names.
During the event, each group will make their way to a series of GPS hotspots dotted around the local area. At each, participants will face a festive challenge or task that they must complete to rack up those all-important points.
With a live scoreboard on the app to keep track of everyone else’s progress, the day will end when you are all recalled back to the starting point, where the highest-scoring group will be announced as the overall winner of the day! It's a great opportunity to enjoy a Christmas Party team building event.
Christmas Treasure Hunt FAQs
Is a Smartphone Christmas Treasure Hunt suitable for large groups?
Definitely! In fact, this activity can cater from 10 to 250 people split into smaller teams to take on the questions and challenges. As the price is per person, you have a lot of flexibility for both small and large groups.
How far could we walk?
You can choose a lot of the route your group takes during the treasure hunt, but we usually say up to 3 kilometres at any given location.
How many is in a team?
We recommend keeping your team between 4-6 people no matter the group size so everyone can get involved in the tasks.
Does each player need their own device?
You can play with one device per team without any issues. However, we suggest that everyone downloads the app on their own devices before the activity begins.
Do you provide smartphones for the Smartphone Christmas Treasure Hunt?
No, everyone can use their own smartphone devices on the downloadable app that we provide, giving participants full control of the event.
The App is designed for Android phones and tablets, the iPhone and the iPad. It will not work on Windows phones or Blackberry.
There are also minimum versions of the operating system that are required for the App so if you can't see it in the store it probably means your phone isn't compatible.
The minimum device system requirements are as follows…
- iOS Version 10.0 and above,
- Android Version 4.4 and above,
- Whatever phone or tablet you use, it will also need a data plan, a compass and have GPS activated.
- A fully charged smartphone will be required per team.
- Whilst the App will normally work on other unrecommended Android & iOS devices, there may be times where users experience issues with certain areas such as poor battery life, GPS signal or small issues in the game. In particular, you may have issues if running the App on an old phone.
There are no reviews yet.