Smartphone Pub Treasure Hunt Christmas Parties
What to Expect from the Smartphone Pub Treasure Hunt Christmas Party?
An interactive exploration around your local city, complete with a GPS led app full of quizzes and challenges for your groups to complete. Split into smaller squads and head out into your local town or city to discover different hotspots. Each hotspot will contain questions and tasks that your group need to complete to earn points and move on. Keep an eye on the live scoreboard within your smartphone apps, chat with the competition and earn as many points as you can before the end.
- Start any time – you decide on the day
- Latest app technology
- Head to various GPS locations with nearby bars
- You choose the pub/bar within the area
- Work in teams to answer pub trivia questions
- Name your team & take selfies
- Unlock clues, puzzles and challenges
- Live scoreboard makes it competitive and fun
- Pub Trivia includes Sport, History, Geography, Science & Nature, Entertainment & General Knowledge
- Out of Office Technical help line
- Add on - Customise up to 8 multiple choice questions. These can be about your brand, business, people, anything really. Personalise it - ask for price
Watch the Smartphone Pub Treasure Hunt Video
Before you begin the activity, everyone will have the chance to download the
bespoke game app on their smartphone devices. Then, if you’ve opted for a remote
facilitator, they will give a brief explanation on how the day will run before you split
up into smaller teams of 4-6 people.
When the activity begins, each team will get to use the interactive map to find and
head to the first hotspot in the area. Here, you will be issued with trivia questions
and exciting photo/video challenges where you’ll need to bring out your teamwork
and problem-solving skills in order to score the maximum points on offer.
By the end of the experience, the team with the highest score on the leaderboard will be
named the winners of the day.
Smartphone Christmas Treasure Hunt FAQs
Is the Smartphone Pub Treasure Hunt okay for large groups?
Definitely! In fact, this activity can cater from 6 to 250 people split into smaller teams to take on the questions and challenges. As the price is per person, you have a lot of flexibility for both small and large groups.
How far could we walk?
You can choose a lot of the route your group takes during the treasure hunt, but we usually say up to 3 kilometres at any given location.
How many is in a team?
We recommend keeping your team between 4-6 people no matter the group size so everyone can get involved in the tasks.
Does each player need their own device?
You can play with one device per team, however we suggest everyone downloading the app. It’s free, and this way the activity is more inclusive as everyone can see the questions & answer together.
Do you provide the smartphone for the Smartphone Pub Treasure Hunt?
No, everyone can use their own smartphone devices on the downloadable app that we provide. This means you have full control of the event!
The App is designed for Android phones and tablets, the iPhone and the iPad. It will not work on Windows phones or Blackberry.
There are also minimum versions of the operating system that are required for the App so if you can't see it in the store it probably means your phone isn't compatible.
The minimum device system requirements are as follows…
- iOS Version 10.0 and above,
- Android Version 4.4 and above,
- Whatever phone or tablet you use, it will also need a data plan, a compass and have GPS activated.
- A fully charged smartphone will be required per team.
Whilst the App will normally work on other unrecommended Android & iOS devices, there may be times where users experience issues with certain areas such as poor battery life, GPS signal or small issues in the game. In particular, you may have issues if running the App on an old phone.
There are no reviews yet.