Team Building Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to know my exact group size to book?
No, not always. We totally understand that organising any Team Building event can be tricky, especially when organising a large group of people. What we ask for is an approximate group size and what your maximum size could be so that we can ensure we have enough availability. Your event manager will outline this when you enquire.
How does this work?
- You fill out an online enquiry or give us a call
- Your enquiry will then be dealt with by your personal event organiser who will email your quote
- If you are happy to book your team event;
- we'll send you a booking agreement form to sign
- or for smaller group events you can call up and pay a deposit over the phone
- Once we recieve the above we'll send you confirmation of your booking
- You will then have access to your ‘my events’ area which includes all necessary information
- You pay the balance 6 weeks prior to the event unless differently specified by your event manager
- We are available to contact up to the party/event and we have an out of office 24-hour emergency number when our office is closed.
How do I book?
- Contact us on 0161 341 0052 or drop us an email
How much is the deposit?
- This varies due the nature and size of the event. The deposit secures your booking. But we’ll notify you in advance of the deposit amount.
Are we VAT registered?
- Yes, we are VAT registered
What does minimum numbers mean?
- This means that certain activities require a certain amount of people within a group. If your group size is smaller than the minimum, it is normally fine to still go ahead with the booking but the cost for the minimum group is still required.
- Some activities may require a larger minimum number so that the activity can run and you get the best value for money. Again your event manager will specify this when you enquire.
Why choose your company, when I could sort this myself?
- We understand what you want and our expert event organisers have the experience in event management and tour operation to help you create the perfect team event that the whole group will enjoy
- Our company has been established for over 8 years and has tried and tested suppliers.
- By booking with Funktion Events you gain the benefits of a business that has sent over 80,000 people on parties/events.
- We have a unique ‘my events’ area that is tailored to your booking
- We are here to deal with all the hassle so you can relax and focus on the little extras that make the event even better for the whole team.
- If you’re still not convinced, take a look at our review page for genuine customer feedback and see what sets us apart from the rest
Who have you organised Team Building Events for in the past?
- In the past we have organised team building activities and events for Sainsbury’s, Dyson, Tesco, Virgin Trains, Barclays and other big brand companies. We have also arranged Team Building Events for local councils and schools.
What is My Events VIP Area?
- When you book with us, you’ll have access to ‘My Events’. This is a private area which is tailored to your booking where you, as the lead organiser will have 24-hour access to send group messages, view your itinerary and invite guests who can pay for themselves. This makes life even easier for you, which is just another reason to book with us!
Where are your activities based?
- Let us know where you want it to be held. We can run them at your venue or we can source a venue for your event.
- Some activities include venues which are based in the city centre within walking distance of most train stations
- Our outdoor adventure activities, by the nature of them are held out of the city centres so would require transport to attend. All venue details/exact locations will be passed to you after booking allowing you plenty of time to make travel arrangement or other plans.
- If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our event managers are waiting to help.
Is travel included in your packages?
No. As the local taxi, mini bus and coach companies are so competitive and easy to book direct, we feel you will always be able to source this yourselves at a better price. We specialise in activities, this is what we are very good at, and so we focus all our efforts on excelling in this area.