Spy School Smartphone Team Building in York
Separated into two groups each holding a mobile and a license to thrill, our Spy school smartphone challenge team building in York transports you into the world of espionage in a themed treasure hunt like no other. As spies, you must take advantage of the latest GPS technology using a specially designed smartphone app to hunt down specific hotspots across the city of York where you’ll discover challenges to complete. The activity is entirely self-run and can begin anytime that suits your co-workers, giving you the flexibility you need to have the most enjoyable experience possible. Encouraging competitive gameplay and some quality teamwork, who wouldn’t want to become a spy for a few hours?
You can also include a facilitator for an additional cost to provide a remote briefing via video link as well as support throughout the activity. Our event staff will present/wrap up the activity showcasing the best photos and videos taken by the participants throughout the event again via remote video link.
- Invigorating, self-run event
- Latest app technology
- Creative spy themed challenges activated by GPS
- A series of clues to discover the culprit!
- Challenges include photo and video tasks designed to get participants interacting
- Uses image recognition
- Tasks and questions requiring an eye for detail as well as a magnificent memory
- Name your team & take selfies
- Live scoreboard makes it competitive and fun
- 100 bonus points for picking out the culprit from a line-up!
- Everyone uses their own smartphone to download the app to participate
- Groups sizes from 6 to 250 people
- Add a facilitator to give a remote briefing and final wrap-up session via video link for an additional cost – enquire for details
The App is designed for Android phones and tablets, the iPhone and the iPad. It will not work on Windows phones or Blackberry.
There are also minimum versions of the operating system that are required for the App so if you can't see it in the store it probably means your phone isn't compatible.
The minimum device system requirements are as follows…
- iOS Version 10.0 and above,
- Android Version 4.4 and above,
- Whatever phone or tablet you use, it will also need a data plan, a compass and have GPS activated.
- A fully charged smartphone will be required per team.
Whilst the App will normally work on other unrecommended Android & iOS devices, there may be times where users experience issues with certain areas such as poor battery life, GPS signal or small issues in the game. In particular, you may have issues if running the App on an old phone.
All the teams enjoyed it and the feedback was that the level of difficulty and involvement was just right.
My team managed to do quite a bit whilst enjoying the sunshine sat in a pub, whilst others spent the whole afternoon running around York.
Thank for all your help in sorting out our booking.