Proof in the Pudding: Corporate Event Stats
Definition of Corporate Events
Have you ever thought of hosting a corporate event?
Corporate events are business or private events that can range from launch parties, meetings and conference, to non-business events such as holiday parties or retreats.
There might be different reasons why you want to plan and host an event, so we have put together various stats and facts about the event industry for you to take into consideration while planning.
Introduction to Stats of Event Industry
The event industry is growing exponentially and has so many aspects that could benefit you when hosting an event. Some include:
- The event industry is worth around £42.3 billion and is still growing every year
- It gave 570,000 jobs in the UK and since the industry is growing, they are always looking for new event organisers
- Attendees spend in average £69,000 every year on registration fees and ticket sales
- To give you an idea on how big of an impact this industry is on the UK economy, it actually accounts 35% of the country’s economy
- Over 10,000 venues are being used for events, and event planners are always looking for new, unique venues in the country to compete against other UK event agencies
- In regards to business events, 1.3m of them are held each year
- If you are looking to host a conference… having 258 attendees seems to be the ideal number to have at your event
Stats on Direct Spend by Segment
Surprisingly, conferences and meetings are actually the segment in the event industry that spend the most money, with £19.9 billion. This could link to this segment being the most popular and most held events. With that, exhibitions and trade fairs are not far behind with £11.0 billion.
An average of £1.5 billion have been spent on music, sporting, cultural events, along with outdoor, incentive travel & performance improvement and corporate hospitality & corporate events.
Social Media Stats
Once you have chosen your event, it is important to invite your guests and make sure they come, especially if you host a conference or any corporate event that might be vital for them.
To help you, here are some stats and facts about promoting your event:
- In 2017, event planners have said that they have mostly use social media (87%) to advertise their event. Mobile event apps are also helpful to promote your event with 31% of the organisers saying they have used it. Additionally, 16% have said that they use Big data/analytics software.
- According to Eventbrite, the most effective event marketing channels have by email (29%), free social media (24%), word of mouth (16%) and direct mail (8%).
- On average, companies use 3-4 marketing channels to promote their event, and 25% use 5-6.
Of course, there are so many other different unique ways to advertise your event so it is up to use to use your creativity and attract your audience!
Trends of 2018 that is shaping the Event Industry
1. With all the terrorism attacks within the last few years, especially in the UK, one trend is better coordination with local law enforcement & experts, better focus on event security planning and a widespread use of technology. This could be something to look at while planning your event and show your target audience that you are putting your full attention on Safety
2. A more unique one is engagement, and this is what we are here for. We offer many fun, unique activities for your corporate event, in order to engage everyone, and not bore everyone like all conferences. This can include adding more hands-on displays, host activities with your senses, like scents, integrate textures, soundtracks and visual techniques while planning.
3. Technology and Virtual Aspects attract - have you thought of virtual speakers or meetings?
4. Try and use a familiar touch to your event. A local venue can be your attraction, and share your unique local experiences with your attendees.
5. How about a personalised event? Some attendees might be more attracted to your event if you show them you have put effort and customized some aspects of your event!
6. Nowadays, we need to concentrate on sustaining development of businesses and charities, which is why it has become such a big focus. Use local businesses as suppliers and promote them at your event, or include activities at your event that will benefit a charity
7. Being unplugged from any electronics at events is also an alternative idea to help your attendees relax and not think about work. Have no wifi zones, or structures breaks, so that they can only us their phones at certain moments at your event
After all those positive facts and statistics about the growth of the event industry, hopefully we have convinced you to plan your own event. If not, this is what we are here for! Do not forget to contact us if you need more information on how to plan a corporate event and our team will be happy to guide you through it through our company, so that everything can be taking care of for you without any disappointment!
- 88% of event professionals said using an event app had a positive impact on attendee satisfaction. (Guidebook)
- 86% of event attendees rate an event app as a top 3 aspect that made their time at an event more enjoyable. (Guidebook)
- 83% of corporate marketers say that events drive sales better than awareness (Chron)
- 20-30 minutes : Amount of time preferred by attendees for a presentation (single-speaker event). (MPI Meetings Outlook – 2016 Summer Edition)
- 74% of event attendees say that they have a more positive opinion about the company, brand, product or service being promoted after the event. (EMI & Mosaic)
- 66% of people attending an event engage in online activities during the event. (Bizzabo)
- 30% of event attendees tickets purchasers look up future events from the same organiser after they’ve attended an event. (Bizzabo)
- More than 9 in 10 (95%) of marketers believe that live events provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to form in-person connections in an increasingly digital world (Bizzabo, 2017)
- 80% of marketers agree that live events are critical to their company’s success (Endless Events, 2017)
- 83% of marketers used an event app in 2017 (Eventbrite, 2018)
- 78% of event marketers say that they will use email marketing in 2018 (Eventbrite, 2018)
- 58% will be taking advantage of video live streaming in 2018 (Eventbrite, 2018)
- 60% of smartphone owners are using their devices at social gatherings and events (Event MB, 2017)
- 77% of marketers use experiential marketing as a vital part of a brand’s advertising strategy (EventTrack, 2017)
- 98% of users say they are more likely to purchase a product or service after attending an activation (EventTrack, 2017)
- 95% of event creators who used experiential marketing in 2017 found it effective (Eventbrite, 2018)
70% of users become customers after an experiential marketing event (EventTrack, 2017)