How to Create a Friendmas this Year?
Leave the dad jokes and family feuds to one side, this year it’s all about friendmas.
Yes you did read that right – friendmas. A friend Christmas or Christmas with friends if you will. It’s a great way to celebrate the festive season without having to think about a kids table, or a reason to tell your Great Aunt why you are in fact still single. Friendmas will give you the chance to get all your friends together, enjoy some delicious food and create some memories together in December. Below you will find everything you need to know about how to create a friendmas as well as extras you could include.
- How to create a successful friendmas
- Friendmas decoration ideas
- Christmas gift ideas for friends
- Festive games to play with friends
- Christmas tableware
7 Tips on Creating a Successful Friendmas
1. Keep the guestlist small
You will want to try and limit your guestlist to around 8-15 people. That way there are enough people to create your friendmas but not too many that you won’t be able to have a chat with everyone and make sure everyone is involved in the fun.
2. Make sure it’s a suitable location
This one is a little bit of an obvious one but make sure your chosen location is suitable with the plans you are wanting to make. Choosing your home as your location for friendmas is a great option but if you can’t use your home just make sure you are using a location that has indoors or sheltered areas because December is known for being rainy and cold.
3. Get together a festive playlist
Whether you want some Christmas songs to sing along to or just some music to play in the background, having a festive playlist will be a great shout. Either create your own or use the one we have created below.
1. All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – The Jackson 5
3. It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas – Michael Bublé
4. Baby It’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones, Cerys Matthews
5. Last Christmas – Wham!
6. Santa Tell Me – Ariana Grande
7. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
8. Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms
9. It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year – Andy Williams
10. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! – Dean Martin
11. Underneath The Tree – Kelly Clarkson
12. Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano
13. Mistletoe – Justin Bieber
14. Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
15. Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
16. Driving Home For Christmas – Chris Rea
17. One More Sleep – Leona Lewis
18. Frosty The Snowman – Ella Fitzgerald
19. Step Into Christmas – Elton John
20. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
21. Little Drummer Boy – for KING & COUNTRY
22. Mistletoe And Wine – Cliff Richard
23. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Mel & Kim
24. Fairytale Of New York – The Pogues, Kirsty MacColl
25. White Christmas – Bill Crosby
26. Happy Xmas (War Is Over) – John Lennon, Yoko Ono
27. Stop The Calvary – Jona Lewie
4. Decide on your food options
Are you whipping up a full on Christmas dinner? Or are you wanting to opt for more of a Christmas buffet? Either way you will want to decide before your friendmas celebration begins. It would also be a good idea to figure out whether people are chipping in by giving you money or bringing certain food items on the day as their contribution.
5. Make sure to chill out and enjoy yourself
Although there is a lot of planning that will go into creating the perfect friendmas you will want to make sure that you leave yourself time to chill out and enjoy yourself. After all you are creating this friendmas to make memories with your closest friends.
6. Include fun ice breaker games
Some of your friends that you are inviting may not have met each other before so you will want to break the ice between everyone with some fun games. Things like charades and classic board games like Monopoly and Cluedo are great choices for doing this.
7. Create a vague timeline for the day
You want to keep things fun and take the day as it comes but creating a vague timeline would be useful for everyone. That way they know what time to get there, roughly what time they will be going, whether they need to book a taxi or not, you get the idea. By creating a vague timeline you will then be able to avoid any questions from your friends about the day.
Friendmas Decoration Ideas
Merry Christmas Wooden Bunting
Foliage String Lights
Christmas Holly & Berries Confetti Balloons
Mistletoe & Merry Christmas Door Wreath
Christmas Tree Shaped Prosecco Wall Drinks Holder
Christmas Gift Ideas for Friends
If you are looking for secret santa gifts we have a blog full of ideas for you.
Personalised Coupe Glasses with Engraved Flower Motif
Personalised Black & Leather Jute Shopper
Personalised Pint Glass Beer Tankard
Birth Flower Gin, Vodka or Whisky
Best of British Beer Pub Gift Box
Festive Games to Play with Friends
Twist & Sprout Christmas Party Game
Santa Hat Christmas Charades
Christmas Trivia Game for Adults
Who Am I? Guessing Game - Star Addition
Gold Foiled Christmas Tree Plate
Reusable Christmas Cracker Personalised Napkin
Snowman Scarf Paper Christmas Napkins
Christmas Personalised Snowflake Place Names
Christmas Holly Leaf Paper Party Plates
Did you know?