Hen and Stag Parties Abroad: Five Crucial Tips...
It’s got the excitement factor. It’s got the glamour. It’s got pure novelty by the bucket load; the food, the handsome local strangers and the unknown mazes of streets waiting to be explored. Even the money’s different.
More and more hen nights are taking place abroad and, while it’s definitely amazing in so many ways, it’s easy to forget that there can be a darker side too. To make sure YOUR hen night stays well and truly in the glorious zone of hedonism, here’s our top five stay-safe tips!
Before we begin, it’s worth mentioning that these tips can equally apply to stags too so don’t think you can ignore the warnings guys!
- The Right Attitude to Alcohol. This is our number one tip not because it’s more important than the others but because drinking alcohol during a hen or stag do is so commonplace that it’s practically the law. And, because you’re away from home and it’s a very special occasion, you’ll probably drink even more than you do on an ordinary Saturday night at home. So all the rules about drinking (line your stomach, drink water between drinks, watch out for your mates, apply even stronger than usual.
- Before a drink passes any of your lips, make sure everyone has one another’s phone number. It could end up being vital if you get split up.
- Do some research before you head out to your chosen location. Learn a bit of basic local lingo, look at maps, read about others’ experiences there, find out if there’s any areas to avoid. Sound a bit boring? Well, everything is what you make of it so why not have a pre-party party? Get all the hens together for a themed night and educate by stealth!
- Maybe this one is a bit obvious but do your packing carefully. Don’t lug along ten changes of clothes for a two-night stay so you can ‘have a choice’. Focusing too much on stuff like this is what makes you forget the essentials like your phone, cash, backup cashcard and passport!
- Our last tip is to book the best activities to keep you occupied and to make it a package deal so you don’t have to worry about your hotel. Choose a professional party planner with an impeccable reputation built up over years, who can give you an ultra-competitive price, the widest choice of activities and the biggest choice of locations worldwide. In case you’ve missed the point here, we will make it quite clear now: that party planner is yours truly, the classy and clever Funktion Events Team! ‘Nuff said.