Harry Potter Hen Party Ideas
Did someone say Harry Potter hen party? If your bride to be is a massive potterhead, we’ve got a variety of Harry Potter themed hen party games, Quidditch, dares, potion drinks and even potter nicknames to create a magical, spell-binding hen weekend.
5 Harry Potter Themed Hen Party Ideas
Sometimes it can be hard to see the link between a hen do and all things in the wizarding world, so we’re here to help. Below are some resources that when combined can make the perfect Harry Potter hen do!
1. Mix Up Some Cocktail Potions
Have your very own cocktail making class and learn the magic of mixology as you mix and muddle (toil & trouble) your own concoctions from scratch. Will you get full marks in your potions class like Hermione?
2. Harry Potter Studio Tour in London
What better way to surround yourself with all things wizarding than go straight to the source! Explore the props and sets where the iconic franchise was filmed and walk in the footsteps of your favourite characters.
3. What About a Wizard Themed Escape Room?
Escape rooms are huge now and we have access to wizard themed challenges across the UK. So get dress up in Hogwarts school uniforms, bring your wand and try to escape the room.
4. The Potter Trail in Edinburgh
If you’re planning a hen do in Scotland, learn the roots of the Harry Potter series from the original Potter trail. Here you can learn facts about J.K Rowling and visit scene inspirations like Diagon Alley.
Obviously we cant play Quidditch as we don't have brooms that fly. However there are hen party games using team work to duck, dodge and dive your way to the goal to score some points for your team. Use your imagination and the magic will happen.
Already completed our top 5 ideas? Or perhaps you fancy something else? Here are some additional magical activities perfect for Potterhead’s that you could include into your hen celebrations.
A fully guided tour around the city of London where you and the girls will be immersed into the magical world of wizardry as you visit genuine film locations.
An explorative bus tour around London which will give you and the girls a chance to stop off at iconic film locations and even get a photo pushing a trolley through the wall at Platform 9 ¾!
Spectacular Sorting Hat Dare Card Game
When surrounding by Harry Potter mega-fans in a themed room with décor and the lot, what else would muggles play except for Harry Potter hen party games, right? See below for the sorting hat dare game.
- A copy of the dares all cut out
- A sorting hat
- Your wizarding gals!
- Empty all your dares in the sorting hat
- Take it in turns to pull out a dare
- Hens = Wizards
Everyone else = muggles
Your 15 Wizarding Dare Cards
1. Romilda Vane’s Kiss
Blow a kiss to a stranger & get one back
2. Goblet of Fire
Ask for the spiciest drink on the menu and down it!
3. Mandrake’s Tune
Serenade a stranger
4. Acting Auditions
act out your favourite scene from the franchise in public
5. Evanesco Your Drink!
Make your drink disappear in less than 15 seconds
6. Find the Grooms Patronus
Find a stranger who looks like the groom to be and take a picture with him
Turn yourself into The Worm for 30 seconds on the dancefloor
8. Liquid Luck
Forget Dutch courage, order a round of shots for all the girls & gain some liquid luck for the night!
9. Against the Ministry of Magic
Find a policeman & take a picture with their hat on
10. Polyjuice Your Man
See who can do the best impression of the groom
11. Spotter the Potter
Find someone who looks like a HP character and take a picture
12. Defence Against the Dark Arts
Show everyone your best moves on the dancefloor
13. Viktor Krum
Order a drink in Viktor’s accent and sound convincing!
14. Quidditch Duels
Run around the bar like you’re on a broom stick for 30 seconds
15. Voldemort’s Head
Kiss a bald mans head and take a picture
Harry Potter Actors – Where Are They Now?
Interested to know where the stars of the smash hit franchise are now? Check it out below:
Daniel Radcliffe / Harry Himself
Starting at only 11 years old, our much-loved Harry Potter is doing pretty damn well for himself since the franchise ended! Still in the public eye, Radcliffe has broadened his horizons with films like horrors The Woman in Black and Horns.
Rupert Grint / Ron Weasley
Much quieter than the former mentioned actor, Rupert Grint seems to have strayed away from the spotlight but still works of features from time to time. In 2011, Grint and Ed Sheeran teamed up as fellow gingers in the music video for Lego House and has starred in other small roles and most recently in television.
Emma Watson / Hermione Granger
Although Emma Watson was initially known as the frizzy-haired main gal of the wizarding world (and the person who taught us all major girl power), she’s now always in the news for doing something great. An activist in her own right, Watson has starred in films like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Bling Ring and Beauty and the Beast, as well as becoming the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador and graduating university.
Tom Felton / Draco Malfoy
The white-haired villain has also kept busy since saying goodbye to the Harry Potter world and the pressures of being a Malfoy. Most recently, he can be seen in Get Him to The Greek, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the TV series ‘The Flash’.
Mathew Lewis / Neville Longbottom
Let’s be honest ladies, who had a better glow-up than Neville Longbottom? Mathew Lewis emerged as a hero from the HP universe and headed straight for comedy with the TV series Bluestone 42 and later on the romance film Me Before You.
Maggie Smith / Professor McGonagall
Probably one of the most successful adult cast members of the film series, Maggie Smith has been kept in your eye-line ever since 2011. From Downtown Abbey to the hilarious The Lady in the Van, she’s a character in her own right!
Robbie Coltrane / Rubeus Hagrid
The biggest, most-lovable character of all the films is Hagrid, meeting him at the first stop and all the way to the end. One of the most famous Scottish actors of our time, Coltrane has gone on to star in blockbuster films like Brave, Great Expectations and Arthur Christmas just to name a few.
30 Unusual Facts for Harry Potter Super Fans
1. The first Harry Potter book was initially published in ’98, the same year that the Battle of Hogwarts went down.
2. After Fred Weasley lost his life in the Battle of Hogwarts, George couldn’t perform the Patronus spell again.
3. It was supposed to be Arthur Weasley who died in the Order of the Phoenix but was replaced with Sirius Black (imagine that!)
4. The plants in the wizarding world are based off the 17th century book ‘Culpeper’s Complete Herbal’, written by herbalist Nicholas Culpeper.
5. Neville Longbottom asked to be sorted into Hufflepuff on his first day at Hogwarts.
6. Hermione joined the Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures at the Ministry of Magic after her education.
7. Nymphadora Tonks’ patronus changed from a jack rabbit to a wolf after falling in love with Professor Lupin (cute!)
8. Platform 9 ¾ is real! It resides at Kings Cross Station in London.
9. You know Ron’s fear of Aragog? It wasn’t all acting as Rupert Grint has severe Arachnophobia.
10. If the Sorting Hat has to take more than 5 minutes to decide a students house, they’re branded “hatstalls”.
11. Fred & George Weasley were born on April Fool’s Day – pretty fitting!
12. While writing, J.K Rowling thought about killing off the character of Ron.
13. Technically, Professor Quirrell was a temporary Horcrux to Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.
14. Herpo the Four was the first person to create a Horcrux.
15. The death of Hedwig the owl was a symbol of the loss of innocence and security, and the end of Harry Potter’s childhood.
16. Rowling came up with the House names on the back of an airplane sick bag.
17. Hagrid could not die, as Rowling had planned for him to carry Harry in his arms for the last book throughout writing the series.
18. The books publisher Bloomsbury gave the Deathly Hallows boring names so they did not get leaked to the public early.
19. Rupert Grint auditioned for Ron through the kids news show Newsround!
20. Daniel Radcliffe had an allergic reaction to his glasses while on set.
21. The main cast weren’t allowed to play any contact sports while filming, in case they injured themselves – instead they enjoyed golf.
22. The infamous scar was reapplied a whopping 5,800 times throughout filming the film franchise.
23. Moaning Myrtle is based off all those crying girls you find in club bathrooms, whining about nonsense!.
24. A lot of the spells/potions named in Harry Potter use Latin language, as J.K Rowling studied Classics in university.
25. Dumbledore is based off the Old English word for Bumblebee, because the writer thought that the wizard was always humming to himself.
26. What would muggles see if they managed to find Hogwarts? A destroyed building with “Keep Out” signs all over.
27. When Harry and Hermione filmed the kissing scenes between Deathly Hallows, Rupert Grint had to be removed from set because of laughing so loud.
28. Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) chose a lot of what she wore and created the crazy dance moves for the wedding scene.
29. Deathly Hallows Part One is the only film in the entire franchise not to feature Professor McGonagall.
30. Alongside Warwick Davis, Verne Troyer also played Griphook – however the character was always voiced by Warwick.