Do I need to know my exact group size to book?
- No. We totally understand that organising any party/event is tricky, especially when organising a large group of people. What we ask for is an approximate group size and what your maximum size could be. We’ll then allocate the correct activities and accommodation to suit that size.
- If you group size decreases then it’s easy for us to amend your booking, whereas if it increased dramatically and we didn’t know, then we would have to ensure we have enough availability.
How does this work?
- You fill in an enquiry online or call us
- Your enquiry will then be dealt with by your personal event organiser and we email your quote
- You then call to book and pay a group deposit of £40
- We confirm your booking and send itinerary updates to you
- You pay the balance 6 weeks (for packages) and 5 weeks (for activities only) prior to the party/event.
- We email your final confirmation details
- We are then available to contact up to the party/event and we have an out of office 24 hour emergency number when our office is closed.
How do I book?
- Just contact us on 0161 341 0052, we only require a group deposit of £40
How much is the deposit
- Just a group deposit of £40. Whether you’re booking just one activity or a full weekend package. Some activities and package maybe different but we’ll notify you in advance if this is the case.
When do I have to pay the full balance?
- For Packages (this includes accommodation & Activities) - 6 weeks prior to the party/event
- Activities only – 5 weeks prior to the party/event
Can some of the group just attend some of the party/event?
- Yes. Just inform us when enquiring with and discussing with your event organiser.
- Example: most of the group are staying for 2 nights and activities but some people want to just attend the activities. – this is fine
What does minimum numbers mean?
- This means that certain activities and packages require a certain amount of people to attend. If your group size is smaller than the minimum, this is normally fine to still go ahead with the booking but the cost for the minimum group is still required.
Why use you, when I could sort this myself?
- Our company has been established for over 7 years and has tried and tested suppliers. Believe us when we say that we stopped working with some suppliers earlier on in our development due to poor quality. By booking with Funktion Events you gain the benefits of a business that has sent 10,000’s of people on parties/events.
- We have sourced city centre hotels, activities and nightlife venues to accept large groups, which is trickier than you make think.
- Plus we deal with all the hassle, group payments, paperwork etc. so you can relax and focus on the little extras that make the party/event even better.
What is My Events?
- When you book with us, you’ll have access to My Events. This is your private group area where you, as the lead organiser, can invite guests, send group messages, view your itinerary, individuals can pay for themselves and a chat area. This makes life even easier for you.
What are your hotels like?
- We offer a variety of different standards for groups to choose from. Most groups tend to choose our standard hotel range, which are 3* centrally located hotels, within 15-20 minutes’ walk of the town/city centre. With these hotels you can expect modern twin and triple rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, Wi-Fi, coffee and tea making facilities, flatscreen TVs, hairdryers, plus that much needed hot breakfast the following morning. Ideal for groups wanting a nice hotel, in a great location at a reasonable price. Most of the hotels have a restaurant & bar on site, 24 hour reception and discounts at nearby carparks. Check in times are normally from 2-3pm on the day of arrival and check out will be either 11am/12noon.
- Some hotels require a security/good behaviour bond when arriving, this is normally a swipe of a credit or debit card at check in.
- We also have budget and superior hotels
Where are your activities based?
- Most of our activities are based in the city centre within walking distance of most train stations, hotels and nightlife venues. Our outdoor adventure activities, by the nature of them, are held out of the city centres so would require transport to attend. All venue details/ exact locations will be passed to you after booking allowing you plenty of time to make travel or other plans.
- If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us
Is travel included in your packages?
- No. As the local taxi, mini bus and coach companies are so competitive and easy to book direct, we feel you will always be able to source this yourselves. We specialise in accommodation and activities, this is what we are very good at, and so we focus all our efforts on excelling in this area.
My Events VIP Area
Simple to use, secure and 24hr online access
We offer the easiest and most comprehensive booking system on the web. Take the hassle out of confirming peoples attendance and collecting money with our VIP Events Area.
- Invite your guests
- Individual payment system
- Automatic payment reminders for guests
- Group management features
- Countdown Clock
- Personalised group name
- Personalised welcome message
- Online itinerary, venues, phone numbers
- Group chat/ messages / emails
- Compatible with all devices
My Events Features
Hassle free organising, all completed online
Send out online invitations, confirm attendance
Individual payments for guests
Personalise your page, use the countdown clock
Send group emails, use instant chat, have 24hr access to your event Itinerary.
Attend multiple events and have access to them all
Secure and safe
Send out Invitations
All your guests can be sent the event invite at the click of a button, which will include all the details they need to confirm attendance and make payment direct to us. Phew....hassle free event organising!
Online Itinerary - 24hr Access
This page allows you and all your guests 24 hour access to every detail of your event, so theres no reason for anyone to be late or turn up at the wrong venue!
Group Chat Area
It's all in the name... with the added benefit of a link to Facebook (if you want it), the entire group can discuss privately your event. Whether its sharing those extra special details to make sure everyone is fully prepared or just generally getting the group into the party spirit!
Send Group Emails Quickly & Easily
As the organiser, you can easily send out a group email to all or some selected guests.
As the event organiser this page takes the hassle out of collecting money and having the difficult conversations about non payment, as well as allowing you to track guest activity.
Your guests receive payment reminders directly and when they are ready to pay can log on anytime and pay their individual balance by debit or credit card.They also have the ability to pay for each other when logging on.