Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ's
Do I need to know my exact group size to book?
- No. We totally understand that organising any party/event is tricky, especially when organising a large group of people. What we ask for is an approximate group size and what your maximum size could be. We’ll then allocate the correct activities and accommodation to suit that size.
- If you group size decreases then it’s easy for us to amend your booking, whereas if it increased dramatically and we didn’t know, then we would have to ensure we have enough availability.
How does this work?
- You fill in an enquiry online or call us
- Your enquiry will then be dealt with by your personal event organiser and we email your quote
- You then call to book and pay a group deposit of £40 (money saving offer - pay a half price £20 deposit for all stag & hen groups!)
- We confirm your booking and send itinerary updates to you
- You pay the balance 6 weeks (for packages) and 5 weeks (for activities only) prior to the party/event.
- We email your final confirmation details
- We are then available to contact up to the party/event and we have an out of office 24 hour emergency number when our office is closed.
How do I book?
- Just contact us on 0161 341 0052, we only require a group deposit of £40
How much is the deposit
- Just a group deposit of £40 (money saving offer - pay a half price £20 deposit for all stag & hen groups!). Whether you’re booking just one activity or a full weekend package. Some activities and package maybe different but we’ll notify you in advance if this is the case.
When do I have to pay the full balance?
- For Packages (this includes accommodation & Activities) - 6 weeks prior to the party/event
- Activities only – 5 weeks prior to the party/event
Can some of the group just attend some of the party/event?
- Yes. Just inform us when enquiring with and discussing with your event organiser.
- Example: most of the group are staying for 2 nights and activities but some people want to just attend the activities. – this is fine
What does minimum numbers mean?
- This means that certain activities and packages require a certain amount of people to attend. If your group size is smaller than the minimum, this is normally fine to still go ahead with the booking but the cost for the minimum group is still required.
Why use you, when I could sort this myself?
- Our company has been established for over 7 years and has tried and tested suppliers. Believe us when we say that we stopped working with some suppliers earlier on in our development due to poor quality. By booking with Funktion Events you gain the benefits of a business that has sent 10,000’s of people on parties/events.
- We have sourced city centre hotels, activities and nightlife venues to accept large groups, which is trickier than you may think.
- Plus, we deal with all the hassle, group payments, paperwork, etc. so you can relax and focus on the little extras that make the party/event even better.
What is My Events?
- When you book with us, you’ll have access to My Events. This is your private group area where you, as the lead organiser, can invite guests, send group messages, view your itinerary, individuals can pay for themselves and a chat area. This makes life even easier for you.
What are your hotels like?
- We offer a variety of different standards for groups to choose from. Most groups tend to choose our standard hotel range, which are 3* centrally located hotels, within 15-20 minutes’ walk of the town/city centre. With these hotels you can expect modern twin and triple rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, Wi-Fi, coffee and tea making facilities, flatscreen TVs, hairdryers, plus that much needed hot breakfast the following morning. Ideal for groups wanting a nice hotel, in a great location at a reasonable price. Most of the hotels have a restaurant & bar on site, 24 hour reception and discounts at nearby carparks. Check in times are normally from 2-3pm on the day of arrival and check out will be either 11am/12noon.
- Some hotels require a security/good behaviour bond when arriving, this is normally a swipe of a credit or debit card at check in.
- We also have budget and superior hotels
Where are your activities based?
- Most of our activities are based in the city centre within walking distance of most train stations, hotels and nightlife venues. Our outdoor adventure activities, by the nature of them, are held out of the city centres so would require transport to attend. All venue details/ exact locations will be passed to you after booking allowing you plenty of time to make travel or other plans.
- If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us
Is travel included in your packages?
- No. As the local taxi, mini bus and coach companies are so competitive and easy to book direct, we feel you will always be able to source this yourselves. We specialise in accommodation and activities, this is what we are very good at, and so we focus all our efforts on excelling in this area.