A Stag Do in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is one of the most exciting European cities to visit and is becoming an increasingly-popular destination for stag parties. Here are the top ten reasons that you should join that army of satisfied stags…
- The Bikes. Amsterdam is designed around the cycle and the really is no better way to get around, as long as you’re not too inebriated! Bikes outnumber humans in the city so you’ll have no problem finding one and, once you’ve started, there seems no reason to ever stop exploring.
- The Art. Rembrandt and Van Gogh, among many others, hail from Amsterdam and there are loads of galleries and museums dotted around for you to get a culture fix. The Van Gogh Museum is an obvious destination but look out for the hip modern art galleries too.
- The Canals. These criss-cross the city and provide the perfect place for a sunny stroll. You never know what you might see or who you might meet as you take a post-dinner pre-drink wander along these gorgeous waterside paths.
- The Beer. Dutch beer is highly-prized all over the world and there are lots of breweries right in the centre of town. Perhaps the most famous Dutch brewers is Heineken but be sure to check out the smaller independent places as well.
- The Parks. Amsterdam is one of Europe’s greenest cities and its numerous parks are the perfect place to do a bit of people-watching. Westerpark, Vondelpark and Plantage number among the must-see green spaces.
- The Koningsdag (King’s Day). If your stag do coincides with this festival, on April 27th, then you’re really in for a treat. The city’s population doubles for the national holiday and turn it into one giant carnival with parades, concerts and outdoor parties galore.
- The Red-Light District. Amsterdam is famous worldwide for its relaxed, tolerant attitude and the red-light district has everything you’d expect with none of the stigma attached. As the sun sets, this area comes alive and a heavy police presence ensures that it's actually one of the safest places in the city.
- The Bars. As the population of Amsterdam is so diverse, the nightspots cater to every taste. Every type of music, décor and alcoholic drink can be found with a little exploring.
- The Coffee Shops. Amsterdam is just as famous for its coffee shops as its bars. From huge, multi-level complexes through to intimate bistros, every coffee shop will offer a range of tastes from around the world and the intelligent staff will be able to help first-timers find their ideal brew.
- The Hotels. The Dutch are noted for their attention to customer service and there are plenty of places to stay in the city where you will be guaranteed a clean bed, good breakfast and welcoming reception.
Funktion Events offer a selection of activities and full package deals in the amazing city of Amsterdam. Browse the range now and get ready to go Dutch!